Design Your Polywood Shutters with our New Shutter Designer
Ready to see what each Polywood shutter option will look like before your in-home consultation? Our Shutter Designer makes it simple. Choose your window treatment’s color, louver size, tilt, and frame. And choose your background wall color and get a feel for how Polywood® shutters will look in your home. When you've found what you like, download your selections and email them to our Sunburst store and we’ll get you a quote for custom-crafted Polywood shutters.
A few Polywood design tips:
- Most Dallas homeowners like Snow White.
- 3.5” louvers narrowly edge out 4.5” louvers in requests.
- Pick a standard tilt rod for a farmhouse or traditional style home, and hidden tilt for more modern homes.
- Divider rails and split tilt are great choices when you want to keep the bottom louvers closed for privacy and tilting open the top louvers to let in light.
- As for frames, the general idea is when you have trim or casing around your window, try the Standard L, Decorative L or Flat L. No casing or trim: all frames will work.
- If you have a sill piece at the base of your window opening—probably made from marble or wood—just click “with Sill” so your shutters are built with the sill frame that would sit on top of your sill piece.