Henry Rollins said, “In winter, I plot and plan. In spring, I move.” If you’re like me, every spring you want to swing open and clean out the cobwebs so that your house looks its best.
Here are 3 home improvement tips for spring in Dallas so that your home looks as good as new.
1. Perform A Spring Checkup For Safety And Energy Efficiency
Spring is a great time to make sure your home’s systems are running properly for the the upcoming summer months. Homeowners in Dallas should inspect these things every spring:
- HVAC System. Test your air conditioning system to ensure that it’s ready for the coming summer heat. Increase your HVAC system’s energy efficiency by changing your air conditioning and furnace filters. Local HVAC companies may provide this service for a small fee.
- Smoke Detectors. Test your carbon monoxide and smoke alarms to keep your home and loved ones safe. Put new batteries in your alarms each spring and fall.
- Caulking and Windows. Inspect the caulking around windows, doors, and kitchen and bathroom fixtures for small cracks. Fix the caulking as needed. Add window treatments, like plantation shutters, to improve the energy efficiency of your windows. Open and close every window to check that they can freely move.
2. Give Your House A Deep Clean So That It Shines
Nothing makes your house shine like a good, deep clean. First, declutter your rooms to open up your home. Next, clean surfaces you don’t scrub regularly such as ceiling fans, floors, baseboards, and kitchen and bathrooms walls. Shine your bathroom and kitchen fixtures. Move your furniture to clean and vacuum under and behind it and then vacuum your furniture as well.
Let in more light by cleaning your windows. Scrub your windows and screens to remove smudges and dirt. Clean your window treatments including shutters, draperies, and shades. You can give your blinds a new look with an ultrasonic cleaning treatment.
3. Redecorate Your Rooms For A Fresh Look
Now that you’ve cleaned your house and decluttered it, it’s time for the fun part: redecorating.
The easiest way to redecorate your home is to start with what you have. Rearranging your furniture can give the room an entirely new look. Or you can shop your house. This means you switch out the accessories and furniture you already own between rooms. Add more color with colorful accessories, new paint, and live plants.
If you want to give your room a new look, then check out our idea gallery for new ideas and inspiration. It’s brimming with photos of eye-catching rooms and window treatments for every space in your house. Once you’ve picked the style and color scheme you like, you can look for matching paint colors, furniture, and accent pieces.
Window treatments are an easy item to update that matches your style and freshens up your rooms. You can pick from a range of shutters including plantation shutters, barn door shutters, and reclaimed wood shutters in addition to blinds and shades.
Get More Design Tips
If you are looking for more ways to enhance your home, take a look at our design tips. And when you find a look and window treatment that you like, call us at 214-301-5066 or fill out the form below to set up a free in-home consultation. Our experts will guide you in choosing the best window treatment to give your home a beautiful new look this spring.